Together with a team of dermatologists and professors of the American Academy of Dermatology, we selected the most moisturizing body washes available. Continue reading if you want to see which products they ranked as the top-picks for best body washes for dry skins.
1) Alpen Secrets Fragrance-Free Goat Milk Soap
Specifications of Alpen Secrets Fragrance-Free Goat Milk Soap
- This bar soap is the salvation for people struggling with sensitive or dry skin. In contrast to many other products that can damage sensitive skin, this body washes for dry skin women moisturizes your skin perfectly, so it feels soft again.
- Since the beginning of time, people have been using milk as a cleansing product. The Alpen Secrets Goat Soap is a natural product that uses healthy fragrance-free goat milk to put a soft layer of cream on your skin, which can be used both as a body wash and as a shampoo.
- A nice side-effect is that it also seems to be helping with acne-prone skinas it soothes your dry, sensitive, and itchy skin.
2) Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash
Specifications of Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash
- Do you know what’s the best body wash for dry skin? This body wash will let you know. Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash will not only heal your dry skin but also clean it and maintain it hydrated. At a very budget-friendly price, you get an efficient formula to treat your skin problems with.
- The best body wash for dry skin is rich in Omega oils that get absorbed in the skin nicely and don’t leave any oily residue when you rinse.
- This body wash is also supported by dermatologists thanks to its benefits and efficiency. Besides dry and itchy skin, Eucerin body wash is suitable for all skin types, so you can use it to prevent certain conditions instead of treating them.
Final Verdict: The best body wash for dry and itchy skin is at a very friendly price!
3) AHAVA Dead Sea Purifying Mud Soap
Specifications of AHAVA Dead Sea Purifying Mud Soap
- AHAVA mud soap can do miracles for many skin conditions! This is the best body wash for women dry skin that can be used as a body wash since it accommodates all types of skin.
- It will also wash off the extra oil that can be found on your skin and only treat it with the ingredients it needs.
- The secret ingredient of AHAVA soap is the mud that comes directly from the Dead Sea. It will scrub the bacteria and other unwanted residues off your body and leave you with hydrated, soft skin.
Final Verdict: Use the Dead Sea mud to treat your dry and itchy skin!
4) Puracy Natural Body Wash – Citrus and Sea Salt
Specifications of Puracy Natural Body Wash – Citrus and Sea Salt
- At an amicable price, Puracy Natural Body Wash can do miracles for your skin. It is a sulfate-free product.
- This particular body wash makes it safe for any skin and very useful for dry skin. Since the main ingredients of this body are coconut oil, citrus, and sea salt, you can count on excellent results from it.
- The foam it creates is very thick and meant to clean your skin well every time you take a shower. Another great benefit of the best body wash for dry skin is that it was designed and tested by doctors that know exactly what dry skin needs. It can be used daily, and it is recommended for both men and women.
Final Verdict: Natural body wash is perfect for both men and women!
5) Dove DermaSeries Fragrance-Free Body Wash, for Dry Skin
Specifications of Dove DermaSeries Fragrance-Free Body Wash for Dry Skin
- Dove DermaSeriesis another great option to take care of your dry and itchy skin. Best body wash dry skin comes at a budget-friendly price and just like most products created by Dove.
- The best body washes for dry skin is hypoallergenic. So if your skin is extra sensitive, you don’t have to worry about developing some reaction to it.
- Besides all these benefits, Dove DermaSeries was also tested by dermatologists,
- Reputed body washes dry skin have no fragrance. Therefore buy this product if you have queries like what is the best body wash for dry skin!
Final verdict: Hypoallergenic body wash is suitable for the dry and itchy skin!
6) Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap
Specifications of Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap
- Bronner’s Pure-Castile can be used as liquid soap or a shower gel equally thanks to its high-quality ingredients!
- Not only is the product one of the best body wash for dry skin, but this best shower gel for dry skinis also made of vegan and organic ingredients! The main components are hemp, coconut oil, and olive oil, all known for the fantastic benefits to all types of skin.
- You can use Dr. Bronner all over your body, including your hair. The USDA certified this product as being one of the best organic products on the market.
Final Verdict: A great organic and vegan body wash is essential for all types of skin and even hair!
7) ApotheCARE Essentials The Nourisher Body Wash
Specifications of ApotheCARE Essentials The Nourisher Body Wash
- If you are looking for the best combination of a quality body wash and a reasonable price, ApotheCARE Essentials best dry skin shower gel might be the best hydrating body wash for you.
- The best body wash for dry skin will not only add the needed level of moisture to your body, but it will also clean it efficiently. The ApotheCARE body contains vanilla extract, natural Argan oil,pressed almonds, and other ingredients that only work against your dry and itchy skin.
- A good body wash for dry skin is the best solution for women who face skin problems.
Final Verdict: A great product, especially for women, which you can use on a daily basis!
8) The Seaweed Bath Co. Purifying Detox Body Wash
Specifications of The Seaweed Bath Co. Purifying Detox Body Wash
- Regarding best body wash for dry skin, The Seaweed Bath Co makes it hard to compete with.
- The ingredients that this best hydrating body wash for dry skinare based on are green tea extract, French clay, spirulina, coconut oil, and olive oil.
- Your skin will be hydrated, healed, and left with a very lovely and natural perfume from the first time you use the best dry skin body wash.
Final Verdict: In our opinion, one of the best organic body wash meant to treat dry skin!
9) Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Specifications of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
- Ensure your skin stays moisturized and hydrated by using this best shower wash for dry skin from Cetaphil! The best body wash for dry skin will clean your skin efficiently, and it is easy to rinse off your body without leaving it oily.
- The best shower gel for dry skin might not be the most budget-friendly one, but it is one of the best body wash for dry skin to try! And it is not just suitable for people with dry skin.
- Besides that, the best body wash for dry skin can be used for children, teenagers, and adults equally, and it matches the needs of both men and women.
Final Verdict: The best solution for dry skin and suitable for your entire family!
10) Alaffia – Everyday Shea Body Lotion, Normal to Very Dry Skin
Specifications of Alaffia – Everyday Shea Body Lotion, Normal to Very Dry Skin
- Alaffia is another option that you can consider when you are facing dry skin and itchy discomfort. It is based on Shea butter, which is known for calming the skin and taking care of various skin issues.
- The best body washes for dry skin will focus on deeply moisturizing your skin and keeping it hydrated. It has no added essential oils and no fragrance. And it is meant to be used daily by both men and women with all types of skin.
- However, the benefits of this best body wash for dehydrated skin are designed to accommodate people with dry and itchy skin in particular.
Final Verdict: Budget-friendly solution for your dry and itchy skin!
What makes a body wash great for dry skin?
The market has a lot to offer regarding body wash products which might make the decision overwhelming. Many manufacturers claim to have created the perfect body wash which can moisten dry skin! As a general rule, it is important to know your type of skin before buying the product that you need.
- Good body washes for dry skin will not only get rid of the problem temporarily but in the long run.
- You might want to look for products that clean and hydrate your skin as you wash it and not just products labeled nice.
- The main trick is to read the ingredients. The best moisturizing washes for dry skin will most likely contain Aloe Vera, glycerine, natural oils, and herbal ingredients.
Why would you use a body wash to moisten your skin?
The main purpose to get a high-quality body wash is, to get rid of your itchy skin. But many other benefits will make you appreciate such a product. For instance, your skin will be moisturized the right way which is very important.
You will also enjoy all the natural ingredients that such a body wash usually comes with. Your skin will look and feel softer instead of the itchy aspect that you might be used with.
Frequently Asked Questions On Dry Skin Body Washes
What are the symptoms of dry skin?
With age, dry skin symptoms increases. However few signs to determine your dry skin are little rough red patches on the skin, especially on the cheeks. Itchiness is also one of the results of dry skin. Terrible rough cracks which at times occur due to skin dryness. Dry flakes around nose area when you apply makeup or even at times without any makeup.
What are the causes of skin dryness?
Different reasons can lead to skin dryness. Rough soaps or body washes, excess usage of heavy makeup, itchy clothes, etc. are the main causes of dry skin. However, medical conditions like psoriasis, hypothyroidism, diabetes, and even hormonal misbalance can also cause the skin to dry. Few people also have dry skin from their heredity.
Which Vitamin deficiency leads to dry skin?
Mainly Vitamin B (B12, B3 & B6) causes dry skin issues resulting in dermatitis at times. Again for early aging and dry skin, vitamin c is responsible.
How to get rid of dry skin?
Here are a few useful tips that you can follow, which can soothe your dry skin:
– Do not spend a long time in bathing. Usually taking long baths can lead to dry skin.
– Use lukewarm or cold water when you bathe or wash your skin.
– Select mild body washes and gentle soaps for your bathing routine.
– Use moisturizers after a bath. If you notice any dry flakes after bathing routine or inside ac rooms, try applying oil-based lotions.
– For the dry face, you can also use a gentle cleanser for removing the dirt and extra oil. There are numerous oil-based cleansers that can moisturize your dry skin well.
– Hydrate yourself. Drink 7-8 glasses of water every day. Water can help in flushing out the toxins from the body. If you have any acne issue on your dry skin, it can be easily solved.
– There are few home remedies for lowering down the dry skin. You can mix olive oil and sugar to scrub your dead, dry skin. Oatmeal can be soaked and ground well before applying on the dry skin.
What kind of soaps should be used for dry skin?
Rough soaps tend to strip off your skin moisture. Mild soaps deprived of harsh chemicals, sulfates or preservatives can relief you from dry skin. There are various soaps based on coconut, jojoba or even olive oil which can be used on dry skin.
What kind of body wash is suitable for dry skin or super dry skin?
Similar to the soaps, the harsh body washes can be harmful to your dry skin. Try to invest in the body washes which are based on oils. This way you will find the best moisturizing body wash for dry skin that fits you best.
For example, sunflower oil-based or Shea butter presence, etc. It helps in maintain the oil balance of your skin. Hence the skin moisture is also retained significantly.
There are body washes which are formulated with Vitamin E extracts can also be helpful to remove the dryness or itchiness from your skin. Shower gels help in maintaining the hydrolipid correctly, so the skin elasticity remains intact.
How to find the perfect body wash for my skin?
When you want to get the best body wash to moisturize your skin, there are several characteristics to look after.
- Make Sure That It Has The Right Ingredients:
The key to a high-quality body wash is the ingredients that it contains. If you have a condition of the dry and itchy skin, you want a product that hydrates and moisturizes your body. This is why you should try to get a body wash that is rich in natural oils, herbs and minerals and as low as possible in chemicals.
- Consider The Price:
This is not a one-time investment. Most likely you will use your body wash on a daily basis for a long time which means that you will continue buying it. To not struggle with keeping up with this type of skin treatment, try to find a product that you will be comfortable buying at least monthly.
- What’s The Target of the Product:
Body wash products are usually intended for women, men, children or all of these categories together. You need to make sure that the product that you want to buy is the best body wash or soap for dry skin that matches your biological needs. Men have different skin than women and if you don’t find a body wash that accommodates both genders, try to find one that suits yours.
- When Should You Use It:
You’d think that a body wash should be used daily, but you still need to check the instructions. Some products are too intense, and they need to be used once a week or once a couple of days. Check that before starting to use your body wash every time you take a shower.
- What Other Benefits It Comes With:
If you get a body wash that can repair dry and itchy skin, check for other features that it might come with. The best of them offer treatment for a variety of skin conditions. And if you can enjoy more benefits in one product, why not!
How Does It Work For Your Dry Skin and Smoothen it?
To obtain the results that you are aiming for, you need to use your body wash regularly. Don’t change the brand you use every time you take a shower. Try to stick with one product for a couple of weeks to see if it works for you.
Another aspect to consider is the way you wash. The sponge, for instance, is very important as well. You need a sponge that can gently clean your skin without rubbing it too much. A rough sponge can harm the surface of your skin and increase your dryness or itchiness discomfort.
When you finish your body wash step of the shower, make sure you rinse your body with warm water. If you use too hot water, you can take away from the effects of the body wash, the same if you use cold water.
Our Editor’s Pick: The Body Wash for Dry Skin in 2021!
While all the products listed in this guide are of high quality, Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile body wash is a little richer in benefits. On top of the fact that it is found in both vegan and organic; so you can use it for a variety of purposes.
You can use it like liquid soap, shower gel or even shampoo! This makes Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile the best body wash for dry skin as well as for other skin conditions!
Taking care of your skin should be one of the most important routines you have. And if you develop it healthily on a regular basis, you will avoid a lot of skin problems in the future.
Try to find the best body wash for dry skin and incorporate it into your daily routine for maximum benefits! The chances are that your skin will look and feel refreshed after just a few days of taking care of it the right way!